Friday, October 2, 2009

#14 Facebook

The article by Paul Allen is revealing. ABC Radio National was discussing Facebook last week on Life Matters, too. In fact there's no shortage of articles on the subject to be found in the media. I guess the bottom line is that online social networking is here to stay and as a person who works with adolescents it's important that I know what it is, how it works and how to use it to best advantage. I do not at this stage want to be their friend, alas, or even a friend of my adult children. No doubt that will come as the use of Facebook expands significantly beyond the younger age groups.
Perhaps the use of Facebook is more extensive amongst people who can spend more time at their computers and who have less direct face-to-face interaction in their workplaces. I do anticipate using this application mainly for social purposes in the future when I have more time for such activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment